Dear business partners – local transmission system operators.
In regard to preparations for implementation of the measured data central data warehouse by OKTE, a.s., you shall be addressed in a short period of time in writing concerning the information covering the issue of your metering point coding by applying energy identification codes (hereinafter referred to as “EIC”), while the coding methodology shall be developed by the local EIC issuer pursuant to the Regulation of the Slovak Republic No. 317/2007 Coll. Art. 2 subpar. j), i.e. by Slovenská elektrizačná a prenosová sústava, a.s.
The Office responsible for issuing of EIC codes
As of 21 March 2004 Slovenská elektrizačná prenosová sústava, a.s. (SEPS) was granted a status of a local issuer of EIC code for the Slovak Republic. EIC (ETSO identification code) is a newly established system for identification of subjects operating on the European electricity market.
Identification through EIC code was developed by ETSO (European Transmission System Operators – association of European operators of transmission systems) with the registered seat in Brussels where there is also a central database of codes. The EIC code is specifically designed for the energy sector and later will introduce the coding of energy entities.
Subjects to be identified
- Participants (X-code): operators of transmission systems, traders, generators, authorized users.
- Areas (Y-code): local networks where the metering points are located, balance areas consisting of a certain number of local networks and regulatory areas (Y-code).
- Metering points (Z-code): e.g. for production units, customers, trans-border interconnection, etc..
The office for issuing of EIC was open on 1 May 2004. Our company further carries out and further develops the identification through EIC codes while:
- negotiating and allocating transmission capacity on cross-border profiles through e- Portal DAMAS,
- evaluating and clearing deviations,
- identifying the take-off points.
Procedure for applying the assignment of EIC code to identify the participant
Coding system of metering points
Identification through EIC codes is the first step leading to the implementation of a standard for data exchange on the European electricity market – i.e. ESS. Implementation of the standard will streamline a number of technical activities covered by co-operation between operators of transmission systems and will allow flexible trading within the European area while ensuring clear identification.
Documents for downloads